Thursday, June 17, 2010

Out of sight out of mind

Well if you can believe it some people have been asking me "No seriously, where is Monkey?" which to be honest was a good question. I hadn't seen that guy in days and then I remembered that we took a trip to Borders the other day to get a giftcard for Fathers Day. So I checked my bag and wouldn't you know it BOOYA MONKEY! Talk about commitment... this guy was still trying to prove that he was the better choice for a road trip buddy over Dott! Amazing! I told him he was hands down the the best sock monkey I had ever seen and one heck of a good hider.

Later that evening as I wrote out my Fathers Day card Monkey asked me if I knew where he came from. Which caught me off guard, I mean how old is Monkey anyway? And didn't Granny talk to him about this stuff already? Sheeze! I did the best I could and told him what I remembered from Health class back in Jr. High, which was that most Monkeys like him start out like this, probably in Rockford, Il. and then with a little help and a lot of love they mature into full sock monkeys. Monkey said he appreciated my honesty and that's when he told me I could call him Nelson.

While cleaning up today I ran into a serious dilemma... if Im working in the bedroom how do I listen to new music when the iMac is across the hall? I tried setting up iTunes home sharing but it seems all that does it allow you to share purchases on multiple computers, not very helpful when you want to listen to music you imported yourself. I was very tempted to just move the iMac into the bedroom and set it up on the dresser or even on a shelf. Then as I sweeping the dust bunnies into the hall Nelson was complaining about the set up in the living room letting me know the sofa was too close to the TV with all the stuff that had ended up being stored behind it. Bingo! Take one 42" plasma in need of storage and one Apple TV out of storage and there you have it media player overkill...

Have you seen my Monkey?

2 comments: