Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Checked out the garden today and removed every other carrot. With luck this will allow the remaining carrots to reach full size. I also noticed that we're experiencing a bean frenzy... all of our bean plants have produced a cornucopia of legumes. Wait beans are legumes right? Anyway there is other activity in the garden which at the moment is beyond my experience level so I will probably call in the neighborhood herbivore to check out whats going on and see what his advice is for their care and continued growth.
While out running errands I stopped at Target for a fathers day card or two and ended up with none. Looks like this year I'll have to break out my crayons and my pencils. Ive decided that there there really is a need for my "cards for dudes written by other dudes" line. There are a ton of cards out there of dads that are either overly juvenile or overly sentimental. There really needs to be a greeting card line that would say something like "Happy Fathers Day" From your son... and that's it, everything else is implied. Maybe in the future the card could incorporate a video head nod, so that there wouldn't be a need for words at all. It's just a thought.

Monkey continues to sulk around the house... I think his feelings were hurt when he found out that he was left behind due to his size. I told him to try and not take it personally and that maybe Team SAM just didn't realize his true potential. I asked him if maybe he wasn't so confident that he was going on the trip that perhaps he failed to demonstrate his ability to squeeze into a bag or under the dashboard for easy storage to the girls during their practice load out. That seemed to get through to him but he was still a little down so to cheer him up, I suggested that we go get hair cuts because I know I always feel better after one. Paul was his usual self and we mostly talked about the UFC which is pretty much what we always talk about. I just got the usual and Monkey, this being his first trip to the barber shop just got a trim.

1 comment: