Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1


Well it shouldn't come as much of a surprise but Sock Monkey lost it after he was suddenly cut from Team SAM (Sew Across America). I got back from Bear Flag Day and the house was destroyed and I cant even tell you what Monkey had to say about Dott the red plushy thing who was chosen as his replacement. ROUGH...
We had a talk though and I explained to him that we couldn't spend the next month with him moping around the house so we came up with a plan, Monkey was going to have to burn off that anger at the gym. Monkey (We're not on a first name basis yet) started off the session with some light bag work and then things got out of hand... he and forgive the pun, went ape shit and just started climbing everything an jumping on all of the equipment. After a while he burnt out and went to take a nap in the corner. The rest of us worked on kicks and chaining kick combos together followed by a great session of pistol disarm techniques.

Later in the day after a quick trip to the grocery store I went out and cleaned up in the garden and watered down both the front and back. I plan to thin the carrots later this week in hopes that its possible to grow a full sized man carrot instead of the mini ones we're currently getting. The tomatoes look good and I'm going to harvest some snow peas for Pad Thai later in the week. Delish!

I closed out the evening with an archery class over at Archery Only. The regular crew was there and I mainly worked on my form. Apparently the correct bow pull ends with ones index finger in the corner of their mouth, essentially fish hooking ones self. I had been ending mine resting my cheek in the "V" created by my thumb and index finger. OOPS!?! It's all good I have all Summer to practice.

Well that's bout it, not bad for a 1st day of a non summer vacation right?

1 comment:

  1. It is good that Monkey has you. I like that don't leave a man (Monkey) behind attitude, unlike some others. Your a good man Miguel Monkey is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete